Helpful Links

Seminole Nation of Oklahoma-The Official Site of the Seminole Nation of Oklahoma.

Seminole Nation Directory- Phone directory of the Seminole Nation of Oklahoma. 

Office of Public and Indian Housing - A subsite of the Official HUD website.

Southern Plains Office of Native American Programs - A subsite of the Official HUD website.

National American Indian Housing Council - Official web site of NAIHC. Promoting efforts to provide decent and affordable housing for Native Americans.

National Congress of American Indians - Official website of NCAI. Informing the public and Congress on the governmental rights of American Indians and Alaska Natives.

AMERIND - AMERIND, providing affordable and sustainable risk management services that are culturally sensitive and flexible.

Oklahoma Housing Finance Agency- OHFA operates in all 77 Oklahoma counties, providing assistance that helps families pay rent or purchase their first home. OHFA also works with non profit organizations, developers and municipalities to bring quality housing opportunities to communities across the state.

NAHASDA- The Native American Housing Assistance and Self Determination Act of 1996 (NAHASDA) reorganized the system of housing assistance provided to Native Americans through the Department of Housing and Urban Development by eliminating several separate programs of assistance and replacing them with a block grant program.

Section 184, Indian Home Loan Guarantee Program- The Section 184 Indian Home Loan Guarantee Program is a home mortgage specifically designed for American Indian and Alaska Native families, Alaska Villages, Tribes, or Tribally Designated Housing Entities. Section 184 loans can be used, both on and off native lands, for new construction, rehabilitation, purchase of an existing home, or refinance.

Drug & Alcohol Awareness - Drug & Alcohol Awareness guides family members to the resources to help themselves or loved ones with substance abuse issues. A review of statistics and consequences aims to increase knowledge that will in turn eventually lead individuals in need to seek appropriate help.

Frequently Asked Questions

These are the most Frequently Asked Questions directed to the Housing Authority. If you have a particular question not answered here, please feel free to Contact  or Submit a question for an email response.

  1. How do I know if I qualify for a Housing Program?
    You qualify for programs according to your income. Qualifying for HUD assistance requires an income level below 80% of the Federal standards median.
  2. Do I have to live in Seminole to qualify for a Housing Program?
    You do NOT have to live in Seminole the city but you MUST live within the Seminole Nation. This area includes Seminole, Wewoka, Konawa, and Sasakwa.
  3. Do I have to be in the Seminole Tribe to qualify for a Housing Program?
    You do NOT have to be a member of the Seminole Nation but you must be a member of a federally recognized Native-American tribe to qualify for housing. The Housing Authority gives priority to Seminole Tribal members first.
  4. How long does it take for the Housing Authority to process an application?
    The Housing Authority reserves the right to take up to 30 days to process an application per program. Signing and bringing all required documentation, forms, and verifications helps to expedite the process.
  5. How or where can I fill out an application?
    Applications can be found at the Housing Authority office located at 101 S. Hitchite, Wewoka, OK 74884, or you can download the applications from this site. Simply choose the appropriate program under the "Housing Programs" tab and click on the application. Online applications are available in PDF file format. All applications must be turned into the Housing Authority at the previously mentioned address. Only complete applications will be processed.

Emergency Housing Assistance

PURPOSE:    The purpose of the Emergency Housing Assistance Program is to assist families in an emergency situation or those that are homeless due to unforeseen circumstances by providing temporary housing; it is not intended to assist individuals living in overcrowded living situations.


1.    The applicant must be homeless or facing homelessness due to an emergency situation.

a.    An emergency situation may include, but it not limited to:

i.    Fire

ii.    Flood

iii.    Acts of God

iv.    Severe Medical Emergency

v.    Circumstances beyond the applicant’s control

2.    Applicant/participant must be able to provide proof of the emergency situations at the time of application. Proof may consist of but not limited to: a report from the fire department; certified inspection of unit defining health and safety issues that may be harmful and dangerous to occupants, statement from other agencies such as Bureau of Indian Affairs, Department of Human Services, Seminole Nation Family Services, FEMA, or the American Red Cross; court documents; or a letter from the physician;


An application for Low Rent or Rental Assistance must be completed with all required documentation before the Housing Authority can assist a Family with the Emergency Housing Assistance Program.  The application is the basic record of each family applying for admission to the Program.  Each Applicant is required to provide any and all information requested and to sign the application and related forms.  All information and statements made by the Applicant are subject to verification. Providing false statements renders the Applicant ineligible.

Please Call the Housing Authority Office if you are in need of emergency housing.